Thursday, April 17, 2014

Kid Puke's "Lil Filth" Gold Paydirt concentrates second order review

This is the second time I've ordered from Kid Puke.  There is a third order sitting  here, waiting to be panned. That will be reviewed later.

If you have read past reviews, you will know that the first review I did was a good one.   That's because  there was  a high return on investment, it was a fun pan.  This time, I ordered   his 3+5 pounds of gold concentrates.  The cost was 7.00 plus 4.95 shipping, for a total of 11.95.

  I had classified it into 4 different sizes, and the larger two sizes produced nothing.  The third size produced the 2 little flakes, and the   fine sifted size has the   flour gold.   There is a good amount of black sand  that  the gold is mixed in.  

I have to say this is like  getting it from the ground yourself.  You never know what you're getting until you pan it out.   One  time might be great, the other time might not be so great.  This is a not so great time.  There were  two tiny flakes, and some   flour?  gold  in the mix.   Most of the  time though I was simply rinsing dirt!   

 I'm not saying this is a horrible thing.   Kid Puke doesn't seed his dirt, and if you find gold at all, he's kept his end  of the bargain.  I can't complain  about the amount.  It is what it is!    I hope the third order is a better one than this one though!

If you're wondering why I have three orders from him,  It's simple. I look at dirt on eBay, and I tend to look by price.   I'll bid on lots of stuff and not necessarily be  observant about how I'm  bidding on.     It  wasn't a conscious  decision to  bid on  or buy form Kid Puke again, but I wasn't upset that i had.  The first order of his dirt was pretty great!

 His  dirt is  a reddish, has little pebbles and what-not in it,  pans out pretty easy, and if you get the black sands with the flour gold, know it's going to be a challenge!   Also know, that you're  not always going to  be happy with the results.   It's like  prospecting for yourself.   Some days are better than others!

I finished it up, separated the black sand from the  really fine stuff and weighed it out.   It didn't weigh  .1 gram, and that's as low as my scale goes.   However it is pretty all the same!   It's really fine stuff,  and was a challenge to separate from the black sand. So I got some practice!


That's in a small bottle in an 8 inch pan, so   gold may appear  larger than it is!  If you see a number on the bottle, I had to write bottle weights on the bottles, because I have  one that is 8.5 grams and some that are 8.4.  Odd!  Anyway, it's a challenging pan most of that  is   fine grains of gold magnified by  phone camera.  That isn't my panning pan either, it's not yet seasoned enough.  I just use it because things show up better  in it!

So to summarize, if you're looking for   a huge return on investment, well, you best not buy  gold  dirt unless it's  seeded dirt so you will know what you're getting.   My last Kid  Puke order was   great for gold, this one was a challenge and not as much gold.      I'm guessing that is what  actual gold mining is  like!   

No comments:

Post a Comment