Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pay-dirt review of 3 pounds of dirt from "masgoldprospecting" ( ebay purchase).

I  purchased  three  1 pound bags from masgoldprospecting off eBay.  The shipping was  nice and fast, and the packaging was   standard.   the individual pounds were  in Ziploc bags  sealed, and taped. they were in a small box, nice and snug.   The price was 11.00 with 5.15 shipping, for a total of 16.15.

Masgoldprospecting is out of Sun City AZ, and their dirt comes from the Bradshaw mountains.    It's standard dirt with  gravel bits and  sand, and a reddish tint to it.    I panned first in an unseasoned pan, ( a personal experiment) then twice in a seasoned pan.  I did  sift and separate the   dirt into  three different sizes which make panning much easier!

I added a drop of   dish washing liquid to the water, and I used a small tub of water and an 8 inch gold pan. I do this in my living-room , so I want things  small and easy to manage.

Anyway, they are pleasant to deal with, and their shipping is  nice and fast.  No fuss no muss! They do use a tracking number, which helps  so much!

It was easy panning and I found a few small pieces of gold.  I noticed that the black sand at the end didn't have gold in it.  I personally don't mind that at all, it's difficult to separate that gold from the black sand for a newbie like me!

Anyway  I do not have an accurate weight on the gold I found.  I will say it was less than .1 gram.  My scale doesn't do hundredths, so I can't be more accurate than that.  It simply didn't show a weight at all.

The experience was fun, but  if you are wanting big returns,  this isn't the way to get them.

 Masgoldprospecting does not promise you will get rich,  and they do not make any false claims at all that I can see.  They simply sell  the dirt as is, and  do so honestly.

The experience overall is great for   someone who is looking for entertainment with a little color at the end! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment