Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pay-dirt review of ebay seller outletdepot4u

I bid  on 5 pound of un-searched pay-dirt from outletdepot4u. I paid $16.75 plus $8.50 in shipping cost, for a total of $25.25.  The shipping was fast and the packaging was standard for this kind of thing; the dirt came in a Ziploc bag, inside a flat rate shipping box.    The box was well sealed, and the bag had no holes or leaks.   The buying experience was  smooth and there were no problems at all. I gave and received positive feedback  for the purchase.

The panning experience was exciting.   I was finding  in each   little cup of dirt I panned!   They were  shiny little flakes of gold.      I  had sifted the  dirt into three sizes, I call them small, medium and large.  The large produced nothing but the medium had all these flakes!  It was so easy,  put a little dirt in,  and boom!  A flake!    I had such fun!  But then.....

The  small, or fine dirt, had nothing.   There was black sand, but no gold in the black sand.  Everything was in the medium dirt, which made the   panning of the   small fine sand a bit of a letdown.    I never expect to find anything in the larger gravel, so that was okay,  and the medium dirt was just so fun!  But the sand, ah well.    I panned everything twice, to be sure.

Anyway, overall the buying experience was great!  The panning experience was fun and yes disappointing too, much like real prospecting is I 'd bet!  The  weight of the gold was  approximately .2 grams  I use the term approximately because my scale doesn't have  the hundredths  measurement capability. So I know it's .2 grams, but if it's  a hair more, I can't tell.

I'll bet you thought  there would be more weight!  So did I.  But the flakes are deceiving, they look big, but are flat.  If you are  going by return on investment, then I didn't even cover shipping cost I don't think.  But if you are going for fun,  It's fun.  The flakes in it are a real treat and would excite the dickens out of kids and newbies like me!

The challenge factor  was  low.  The gold I found was very easy to get.  It's an easy pan, and one I'd recommend for  total beginners like me.

There it is.  Outletdepot4u is  expedient, they have a fast turnaround, their dirt did have gold in it and it's a fun easy pan.  I think for kid's parties or for  people just starting out like me, it's perfect. It has some wow factor and no  wondering how to separate the black sand from the gold etc...  

as always, no one is going to get rich off  dirt they buy on ebay or online I don't think.   You're not generally going to get any return on investment. However if you are in it for the fun and experience,  then you will have a good time.


I took this picture   of one of the particularly  pretty    cups of dirt as I was finishing panning it.  Beautiful flakes!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment